Press Release – updated: Oct 10, 2019 06:00 EDT
STAMFORD, Conn., October 10, 2019 (Newswire.com) – Come see what happens when professional marketers and political scientists analyze the marketing strategy of U.S. President Donald Trump.
On Thursday, Oct. 17, in Stamford, Connecticut, Mediassociates, an advertising strategy, media planning and analytics agency, and the American Marketing Association Southern Connecticut Chapter will host a panel of experts for a serious discussion of how Trump exemplifies changes in public communications and political discourse.
Lead panelist will be Ian Shapiro, Ph.D., Sterling Professor of Political Science at Yale University. Shapiro’s recent book “Responsible Parties: Saving Democracy from Itself,” co-written with Frances Rosenbluth, was recently profiled in The New Yorker.
The evening session will evaluate how Trump has changed methods of mass influence by tapping into modern technology platforms and consumer belief structures in new ways:
- Immediacy in communications, in which organizations can now connect directly to millions.
- Positioning one’s brand and de-positioning competitors.
- Mobilizing followers to Advertisement
- Analogs between modern political systems Advertisement
- Changes in voter and consumer belief systems — and lessons for marketers on how they must respond.
Other panel experts will include:
- Aaron Weinstein, Ph.D., Visiting Assistant Professor of Politics at Fairfield University
- Nicole Desir, brand strategist and founder at NOA Groupe
- Ben Kunz, EVP strategy at Mediassociates and president of the American Marketing Association Southern Connecticut Chapter
Event will be held 5:30-8:30 p.m. at the beautiful waterfront facility Workpoint, 290 Harbor Drive, Stamford, starting with networking, wine and hors d’oeuvres followed by panelists and public Q&A. Tickets are $25 for American Marketing Association members and $30 for nonmembers; the public is invited.
Event is sponsored by Mediassociates, Wunderland Group, Alpha Graphics, Austin Lawrence Group and Altamira.
Tickets can be purchased online here: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/the-marketing-genius-of-donald-trump-a-professional-assessment-tickets-75666010073
For information on Mediassociates, visit http://www.mediassociates.com.
Ben Kunz, EVP strategy, Mediassociates
203 506 7269